8.12.2009

Mall Booty

So unfortunately I had to be practical when I went to the mall today. I did drop by Express and do go check them out, they have got a bunch of this fall/winter's trends nailed perfectly. Nice blazers, skinny pants/leggings, dolman sleeve sweaters, and some sick sequins. I almost broke my budget for that sequin top I want but I restrained myself. I'll pick it up in a week or two when the paycheck comes in. Also I had to go get some bras that actually fit, and Aerie is having a 30% off on all bras for I don't know how long. So all us girls know how expensive bras are (my theory is that the merchandizers know we need them, so we'll pay anything without a grumble in order not to go braless) so get thee to Aerie!
So my SUPER EXCITING LIST was:
some leggings from forever21 (it gets cold up in New England!)
bras
and some much needed makeup.
let me explain to you, I am not a makeup girl. I prefer the "natural look" and only lately I found out that to have a natural look you still need to wear makeup. So at the tender age of 19 (I know, I'm a late bloomer) I finally got some big girl makeup.
Honestly I'm kind of afraid of stores unless I have something specific in mind. So going into Sephora saying "I need a foundation, concealer and blush, something for senstive skin that's all natural" was an ordeal. Once a salesperson has their teeth in me I'm afraid I can never seem to speak up for my own good.
So what the sales person gave me with no real input of my own was:


Tarte Cheekstain in Tickled: I played around with this for a little while, and it does give a pretty flush after I realized I can't just smear this all around and expect it to look good. Dab darling, just a little dab...
Fresh Umbrian Clay Foundation: Its nice for a makeup newbie like me, very light, nice texture, fits my skin tone well, doesn't have any nasties in it. After doing a little research on it though it seems a lot of people had problems with it staying on through the day, especially people with oily faces.
I have an oily face.
Damn.
Well, we'll see how it holds up. A little powder usually works miracles.
Fresh Umbrian Clay Concealer: Same as foundation, except maybe a little thicker. This however, I heard good things about when I googled it. For my two hour test run before I had to head back to work I had no problems with either of these products (except now I have to get a foundation brush too don't I? And setting powder??? Who knew there were hidden costs of makeup... *grumble*) But we'll see how they hold up when I go out on Saturday.


No comments: