9.15.2009

Fashion Week III

Here's two shows that I thought were both stunning for two very different reasons.
First off, Jason Wu. What's not to love? Not only did he design The Dress for our first lady, but he's such a charming little guy all by himself.
Guess what's my new uniform for this spring? This! Such a cheery little number, and darlings, if you don't have a cardigan yet, GET ONE. Versatile, easy, cozy, and stylish, and if you already have one pick up another in a cheery hue like Jason's canary yellow one here, or a rich purple, two of the hottest colors for spring 2010.

How comfy does this suit look? And the color is universally flattering. Just separate the two pieces and they would look perfect paired with either Wang's signature distressed tee or a flirty mini skirt.

This is just adorable. Flirty with a bit of a sporty twist from the raglan sleeves.

I love the little illusion going on because of the piping. The long boyfriend cardigan now looks like a cropped jacket at quick glance from Jason Wu's clever tromp l'oeil.

I just love the draping on this. Not quite Grecian draping like we saw last spring, and not quite your average dress ruffle.

The texture, the shape, the cut... Just very old world classy. Love.

And wait! What's that? Yes, almost black lips (for all your hard-cores out there, you can give the jet black lips a try. I'm sticking with this black-red). It's a hot trend now, and apparently a hot trend for spring as well. Not for your average girl.



And Jason Wu himself! How cute is he? I just wish more men dressed as well as this little cutie does.

Second, I'm loving Yigal Azrouel's show. It personally reminds me a little bit of the Alexander Wang spring 2010 show that's been all over the place, but I find that Azrouel's designs have cleaner lines, as well as a more future grunge/sporty aesthetic, which I appreciate.

I love this dress, there's really no two ways about it. It's a perfect mix between slouchy and fitted, and gives that lovely hour glass shape with the wrapped waist.


Again, more not-quite-Grecian draping. This time in what looks like almost sweat-shirt jersey. So comfy.

Just please check out the workmanship on this dress! The lines and exposed seams are stunning. This is one dress guaranteed not to go out of style. Classic sheath shape with a little crazy on the outside.

I'm not going to lie, I love the monokini trend. I'm glad its showing no signs of going away any time soon, and this one with the clean lines and almost futuristic-cobwebby look is just divine.

The college girl's power suit. Girls in guy's clothes never gets old.


Okay, I'm breaking away from the frou frou girly with these more sporty casual runway shows. These are definitely easy clothes to wear with a little edgy kick. I love Jason Wu's collection because of its wearability and the color palette, but Yigal Azrouel has the stream-lined edgy thing going on, and any of his clothes would be perfect for a Saturday night out (except maybe the monokini, but really that's your decision).

key things: slouchy trousers, sweatshirt LIKE material (I appreciate sporty, I do not condone sweatshirts, sweatpants, or anything that involves sweat or physical activity in the name for outside wear), one shoulder trend, draping, mini skirts, mens wear inspired pieces,