9.18.2009

Second Chance

I'm not sure if everyone in the world has heard about Talbots except for me, but I finally trotted over to their website to see what all the fuss was about. I have to say that the rebranding strategy has been done with aplomb. I was expecting to see the same dowdy sweater sets and khaki pants as Talbots has always done, except with a few different colors thrown in or something. Instead, I found these:


So perhaps they aren't going to become a mecca for the trend-set crowd any time soon. Point is that they are a brand for the career woman, and they specialize in good, quality career clothing. They've stayed true to their brand, just smoothed out the wrinkles a little and brought it up to date.
In fact, I'm eyeing that little black lace dress because I don't own a LBD at the moment, of course to "youthify" it I'll have to bring it to my tailor and hack off a foot of fabric off the bottom. But hey, I've been in the store with my mum every once in a while, and I know that Talbots has quality clothing for a relatively cheap price which is exactly what I'm looking for.
So if anyone is in the market for some high quality basics or career wear, I'd say go ahead and give Talbots a second look.

No comments: