11.30.2009

It's All in the Bag

Everyone knows there is nothing quite like the relationship between a woman and her bag. Boys know never to touch a woman's purse, children know that they are pretty much bottomless and hold all sorts of goodies, and other women will remark on how tasteful/stunning/lack-luster another woman's bag is.
Luxist.com would also say that what kind of bag you carry says a lot about your own personality.
If for nothing more than entertainment I thought this was a pretty interesting (but then again, I'm the girl who always takes the "Is he really that into you?" quizzes in the back of teen magazines. That probably says a lot about me doesn't it?).

What does your handbag say about you? According to Luxist:

Shoulder Bag Shoulder bags denote a thoughtful, practical nature and careful decision-making.

Designer Label Women that carry expensive, designer handbags enjoy the finer things in life (and want others to know it).

Knock-Off Carrying a knock-off bag can say that you're putting a fake front to the world and not always being true to yourself. But at least you have good taste.

Clutch Those who carry a clutch or very small handbag on a daily basis don't need to have their entire life with them at all times and give off an "I am a jet-setter" vibe.

Over-sized Large hobos and tote bags say that you don't want to ever have to go without. They say "I am prepared" and "I can take care of myself."

Flashy Bright, bejeweled, sequined, or otherwise very flashy bags denote confidence and a desire to be noticed.

Neutral Soothing, comfortable, neutral bags often belong to women with open, personable, friendly demeanors.


I personally carry a clutch everywhere just because I'm a klutz and anything larger than an envelope under my arm will cause destruction to delicate or unstable things nearby.

While "jet-setter" isn't the first thing that springs to mind when I describe myself, I do enjoy a gorgeous clutch to add a pop to my ensemble. Nice thing about clutches is that they're small enough that you can get a little wacky with the embellishments or color and it doesn't seem over the top, and they're usually relatively inexpensive so you can keep a couple in rotation.
I would love to add these little beauties to my closet (and btw all of them are under $50. WOOO!).



1 comment:

Cafe Fashionista said...

I am guilty of perusing knock-offs - the Balenciaga Giant City and the Marc by Marc Jacobs Stam, to be exact. Luckily, no one has been able to tell the difference. Yet. :)