1.04.2010

7 Favorite Things

So after being stuck in four feet of snow at home, and everyone in NY acting like we're in the middle of an ice age (yeah, I got weird looks going out just in leggings today. Whatevs, it's still a bazillion degrees warmer than back home)
I'm thinking of spring.

So spring probably isn't coming until at least May for us. That's five months for you folks that insist on counting.
But guess what? Spring fashion is already on its way.
What I'm excited for:

Purple lips


Jason Wu

Hey, I'm all for a little bright color, just keep it away from my clothing. I tried orange last summer, (please don't ask my friends about it, they'll say I was temporarily insane) I think I'm game enough to try purple. Though I might go for a nice wine color this time around.

Athletic wear


Alexander Wang

Uggs and North Face girls, heads up. You know what's awesome super comfortable? Athletic wear (when styled by Wang of course). I'm totally picking up a slouchy, boat neck heather grey athletic sweatshirt.



Lucite


Michael Kors


Prada

Whether for shoes, necklaces, or bangles what's not to love about the fantastic plastic? For one, last time I checked clear goes with everything. I'd like one of those giant bubble necklaces from Kors please.

Long skirts

Alberta Ferrari

Um, who called it? I DID!!! My extra-sensory trend receptors are simply extraordinary. But seriously, it'll be a nice change of scenery.

Sheer


Emporio Armani


House of Holland

I feel like this could be an awful or wonderful intersection with the exposed bra trend. It's really all in the way you look at it. I'm just excited because its such a sexy look if done correctly.

Lingerie


Christian Dior

I feel this needs repeating. This is a very sexy look if done correctly.
But honestly, all I want is a black satin bustier top with spaghetti straps. Seriously fast fashion retailers, is that too much to ask for? It would be simply perfect paired with a pair of slouchy/pleated trousers and pumps. Delicious.

Flats


Marc by Marc Jacobs

I can't tell you how many times I've been told I'm impractical.
But with the flats and kitten heels on the runway for spring, I might finally get to lust after something that will actually fit with my lifestyle.

No comments: