3.26.2010

So I Went Shopping...

Man, pay day... I get so excited, seeing all the money I have, and then inevitably I go blow it the day of after "fasting" all week.
(For all you worried mom types, don't freak out too much. I make sure to buy groceries, refill my subway card, and put a little aside in my savings before I go binge crazy :) )
Anyway, I just always feel that a shopping trip Friday afternoon is a great way to wind down after the week. So what did I get this week?

First I had to stop by Laila Rowe after seeing the "buy one, get one 50% off" sign in the window. I'm new to the brand, but I was delighted when I found my wonder woman necklace and bracelets I'd been looking for.
I also saw a purple jumpsuit that I was very intrigued by, but I didn't have time to try it on. Next Friday perhaps. 
The picture of the necklace does not do it justice.
and btw I believe that feeling like the sexiest part of the Justice League is totally worth $25. 

Second I stopped by Sabon. That place is death to my paycheck. I'd never seen one before I came to New York, but here there's one on every other block, and you can smell it from the corner. I went in, and usually I just sniff around and the staff ignores me, and then I leave and all is well.
This time however they walked me through most of their products, and I fell hard for their body scrub.
After washing my hands in their giant fountain (pretty awesome) and scrubbing their Body Scrub in Musk on my hands for about a minute, all of my dry winter skin, hangnails, and general grodiness* just disappeared. My hands felt soooooo soft for the rest of the day I couldn't stop rubbing them (weird, I know). So suffice to say, as soon as I got out of work I sprinted over to grab a jar before they closed.

Oh, and some Cadbury eggs.
All in all I think that a little indulgence does a body good after a hard week of work. I'm off to go soak in the bathtub and read my magazines, hope you lovelies have a great weekend.

No comments: