6.05.2010

Miracle

 I can't own white things because I invariably either get food, dirt or sweat stains on it.
So my color palette is pretty much limited to black, navy and once in a while I get daring with a gray shirt.
Which is pretty much the bane of my existence because I love, love the look of a crisp white blouse with jeans. But without fail I always get pit stains on it after a week or two making it not worth the money and a white button down anything but a classic "investment" piece.

I've tried bleach, stain removers, baking soda, cold water, hot water, aluminum-free deodorant (ew), and none of it worked.

Then I asked my wears-pearls-and-heels-while-vacuuming grandma, who I assumed had never had a stain on any of her perfectly pressed clothes in her life.
She said to try oxiclean, and it worked like a miracle.

I decided to test it out on a white t-shirt that I was hoping to resurrect from pit stains, I just sprayed some of it on the stains, let it sit in my laundry hamper for a few days, sprayed it again before I washed it and voila! Out it came sparkling clean and white.
It must be a sign.
It's time to go on a white blouse shopping spree.

No comments: