10.08.2010

Itty Bitty Piggy

Ms. Minaj is definitely one of those people you either love or hate. *

Personally, I love her.
Interestingly, so does my uber-feminist roommate.

Side note: I love my roommate, but as a woman studies major she can be a bit in your face about "Erin, stop upholding the gender normative!"
If anyone can explain to me what the gender normative is, and how I am apparently upholding that and the patriarchy, that would be great.

So while we might have different reasons about why we like her, my reason is that that girl can spit.

Most female "rappers" are actually more pop singers to me. If you are singing it, you aren't rapping.
Niki Minaj however sounds harsh, she raps smart, and big ego aside she can hold her own amongst the guys.
What more do you want from an entertainer?
She's really come into her own over the past couple months. Here's to seeing more attitude and great rhymes in the future.



Itty Bitty Piggy by Nicki Minaj

* Maybe it has something to do with the fact that the girl has crazy-eyes?

No comments: