2.22.2011

Maybelline Superstay 24 Hour Color


I'm always lured in by pretty packaging and grandiose claims. Usually, I come to my senses and check Make-up Alley to see if the claims are true, but they weren't with me when I went to Target last week.

Due to this lack of judgement, I picked up a Maybelline Superstay lipgloss/lipstick thing, excited about the prospect of un-moveable color and perfectly glossed lips without effort (yeah right).

So.... the color stays, but only around the edges of my lips and in the cracks. Not cute. The rest rubbed off in a few minutes and dried out my lips a ridiculous amount = more cracks. I looked like I had the mouth of a 90 year old chain smoker. I was applying cocoa-butter to my lips like a fiend for the next couple days trying to keep them from peeling on me. Ew.

And just for clarification I'm talking about the one with a white cap-end  with balm and the color on the other end, I think it's the latest version. I haven't had a chance to try the one with a clear end with gloss in it, perhaps it's better?

But to all of you girls out there thinking about purchasing this... stay away from this product! Stay far away!

No comments: