2.22.2011

Vintage Nails

I really liked this little mini-trend that's been popping up, but unfortunately my lady at Bijoux Nails had no idea* what I was talking about when I asked for half-moon nails like Dita Von Teese.
What I'm talking about are these, as seen at the Ruffian show:


Hot right?

I'm more of a classic girl, so in my DIY mine came out like this:



(I apparently have very, very shaky hands first thing in the morning. That explains a lot)


In case anyone is interested, I used Essie Mademoiselle for a base coat (middle), then Opi Thrill of Brazil for the top coat (right). The color on the left is just Essie Berry Hard, and what you have before you is my entire nail polish collection.
Yeah, I'm kind of a classic girl.

If you'd like to give it a shot, I promise it's not very hard. My usual modus operandi for giving myself a manicure is dipping my entire finger in nail polish and letting the excess fall off in the shower. So if I can do it, you can too.

Here's the Youtube tutorial I used:



*It's okay, I still love you guys anyway

No comments: