3.24.2011

Help Japan

I've been eyeing this line for a while. What can I say? I have it in my head that I want a tiny, dainty little pendant around my neck. Something that is delicate and pretty, but with a twist or an intelligent side glance.

These little guys would do the trick.

B-side Rights necklaces are imprinted with historically significant laws, such as:

517 U.S. 620 1996 – Romer v. Evans – protects against discrimination by sexual orientation.


258 U.S. 130 1922 – Leser v. Garnett – upholds 19th amendment – Women’s right to vote.
347 U.S. 483 1954 – Brown v. Board of Education – desegregates schools.
388 U.S. 1     1967 – Loving v. Virgina – legalizes interracial marriage.

I would love to have the women's right to vote or perhaps the protection against discrimination by sexual orientation.

But this one has the Immigration and and Nationality Act of 1965, and half of the price goes towards relief efforts in Japan. Perhaps the perfect opportunity to splurge?



No comments: