4.08.2011

E.T.

Katy Perry I can take or leave usually, but I thought this video was stunning, and my inner sci-fi geek is very pleased.
Of course, you'll get the reference to Lady Gaga's Born This Way video. I prefer to think that it's more likely just a trend in today's artists and musicians. Have you noticed the rush of the supernatural, sci-fi and dystopian  themes?
My thinking is that people are looking for an escape, considering all of the crazy that's going on in the world right now. No one wants to believe that this is it, suck it up and deal with it, so culture-wise we prefer to retreat into elaborate fantasies.
Nothing wrong with it, just an observation on my part. Of course, enough philosophizing, check the video out:



E.T. by Katy Perry

1 comment:

ABIGAIL NY said...

Was a very interesting video I will say ... fan of the song!

http://themessenger-bag.blogspot.com